poppy

poppy

Pages

Monday, 17 October 2016

TODDLER TALK



Whilst trying to teach Poppy to speak to us, it sometimes feels as though rather than teaching her a new language, she is teaching me one.

We have 'conversations' sometimes which don't actually contain any English words.

Here are some of Poppy's most frequent Poppyisms.

Hello= Heh-ho
Thank you=Att-tu
Mummy=Meme
Jordan=Din-in
Please=Peeeeese
Clock=cock (Thankfully she hasn't said this in public yet)
Flower=Woower
Cat=Wowow
Phone=I (I'm still not sure why she calls our phones 'i's but we know what she means)
Food=Numnums
Water= Awter
Milk=nilk
Louise= Weeese (I found out the other day, whilst talking to a friend at work, that babies {she's still my baby} can't say the 'l' sound until they are about three years old. This is probably why nearly every little person has always called me Weese-Poppy included; whenever Warren calls me, she is sure to call me too.)

It's amazing how quickly she learns new words, even if I am the only one who understands what she is saying. Along with all of the words that she is still learning to say, there are so many more that she has learnt recently, we actually have little chats. I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment